26 يناير 2010

Disable ClearType



I have installed Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 just to find out that it has installed a new feature called ClearType font smoothing for Microsoft Windows.
Yes, I know that this feature had been there since Internet Explorer 7, but I have never tried it before.
I do not have a problem with the smoothing itself. I just can not handle these programs that install additional software behind my back.
At least give me the option.
I have changed my screen and graphics card several times, and I know those bloody changes in font that I must go through for several days till my eyes are accustomed to it.


I tried to find a way to remove it, and here are some procedures:

Right click on the desktop, and choose Properties > Appearance > Effects, uncheck the box marked Use the Following Method to Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts



OR (for more experienced users)

- Open the Registry Editor by typing "regdeit" without the quotations in the run dialog box.
- Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Control Panel and Desktop.
- Set FontSmoothingType to 1.
- Set FontSmoothing to 1.
- Reboot.



The original value for FontSmoothingType and FontSmoothing was 2.
I don't know whether it is the default, since I tried several other ways before that, but the procedure worked like charm.
Enjoy!!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق